Butt prices

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by dmack, Aug 22, 2008.

1. dmack

dmack Smoke Blower

Quick question,
    One of our local grocery chains has Boston Butt roasts at $.99/lb. How good is that deal? I can't remember what I paid for my last couple butts.

dmack

2. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Good deal! I haven't seen that price here even at Sam's Club for a couple of years. If I find it for that price, I think I'll stock up.

3. daboys

daboys Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That's the going sale price right now. Buy Them!

4. kratzx4

kratzx4 Smoking Fanatic

Sams in my neck of the woods is the cheapest at $1.37 a pound if you buy a case of 50 to 60 lbs

5. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Thats a good deal, most of the butchers I use have em at 1.39- 1.49, and I hear its about to go up.[​IMG]

6. cheapest round here is 1.49.1.39 on sale

7. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Anything below $1.00 a lb is a good deal. We saw some .88 cents a lb last year, but don't think that will happen again anytime soon. Easy to say "lets stock up".......of course you have to have room and a big freezer. [​IMG]

8. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Thats a good deal wish I could find it around here

9. smoking gun

smoking gun Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

was 1.19 here 2 weeks ago butt they're usually 1.49ish. I'm going to check the IGA they usually have a friday meat sale.

10. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

$0.99/lb = stock the freezer

11. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

BUY! They be bout 1.78 here, on sale thru tamarraw fer 99 cents, bought 65 pounds taday, gonna get another 30 tamarraw! Had whole chickens fer 88 cents, bought 40 pounds a them! Now my piggy banks plum empty.[​IMG]

Oh well, least ways we gonna be eatin good fer a spell!
    [​IMG]

12. t-bone tim

t-bone tim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Good deal , stock up !! , I have to pay $ 1.99/lb here [​IMG]