Butt on new MES

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wildsidebbq

Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Rochester, NY
Hi Guys, it's been a while! We were in the process of selling and buying a new house, so I haven't had time to smoke anything for months
icon_evil.gif
. We're settled in the new digs now and Mrs. WildSide got me an MES for father's day. First smoke was a nice butt for pulling. Rubbed with brown sugar, garlic, onion, cayenne, and chili powder. Here it's just going in the freshly seasoned smoker:
The Mrs. gives the thumbs up to the results:
I'm liking the MES! I wanted one for low temp smokes like jerkey and sausage, but I had to try it out on a butt. Thanks for looking!

Frank

Nice job, I love my MES.

Congrats on the new smoker and the fine smoke!!

Nice job... I have never used an electric- but it sure seems they have come a long way in the last few years from the older models I have seen. Temp control on units that burn fuel can be a real art/PITA, depending on your experience and patience levels- especially low temp stuff.

Thanks Guys! I forgot to mention, I used hickory and the Jack Daniel's charcoal pellets. They're made out of the filter coal from the distillery, it claims to be sugar maple. They worked great, nice smoke and flavor. I think I got lucky, so far the MES seems to have no issues including the door seal. Next up is some bacon and cheddar burgers and a couple of fatties for the 4th!

Frank

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky