Butt cook

Discussion in 'Pork' started by short one, Mar 12, 2008.

1. short one

short one Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Smoked a few butts (8-around 73 lbs.) today. Thought I would share some pics with you.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. short one

And here are some finished pics before pulling. They were falling apart tender.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. gobbledot

gobbledot Meat Mopper

good lookin vittles you have Steve... How long did it take ya from start to finish?

4. Great job! I like the smoker too!

5. pigcicles

pigcicles Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice job Steve! Looks like they came out great. I can almost taste em just by licking the monitor. I won't bring up the question of 'How did you get to hang out with the smoker and miss work?' question. [​IMG][​IMG]

6. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Wow... that's approaching a Rosanne smoke... about 25 more lbs of butt and yer there [​IMG]

Nice job!

7. Nice looking butts and a real nice bark you got there. What temp did you smoke at and did you foil? Good Job!!

8. short one

Pig, your just jealous, taking Beula to work this morning to warm the meat and cook the Baked beans.

MJ, started them around 8:15 a.m.,wrapped around 2:00 p.m., and pulled them off the smoker around 8:30 p.m. Had to leave and pick up a camper we just bought, so I just shut the air intake completely off and left. Figured it was a rest for the meat similiar to placing in a cooler. This was around 5:30 p.m. I tryed to cook around 225 to 250 degrees, and as I mentioned before they were wrapped. I foil almost everything. When I shut the smoker down all butts were about to or above 200, had to move them around to get them done at the same time.

9. bertjo44

bertjo44 Smoking Fanatic

Whoa! That is a lot of pork. You having a gathering or what. Looks great.

10. short one

Boss had me cook for a chemical meeting at work. Did 9 loins last Wednesday for Thursday, had a fish fry for Friday, pulled pork today and a fish fry tomorrow. Busy.

11. gooose53

gooose53 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Looks mighty good Steve!! Can't wait until my smoker comes in.....3/22/08....a new birthday to celebrate!!

12. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

What Richtee said...

13. crewdawg52

crewdawg52 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hats off to ya for a mighty fine smoke!!![​IMG]