1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Building a new smoker

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by daveyhunter, Nov 14, 2006.

1. daveyhunter

daveyhunter Fire Starter

My friends and I are building a smoker on wheels. The tank is off of a cement truck 120 gallon water tank, the seat is off of an old tractor, the wheels off of a old farm wagon, the steering wheel from a airport hanger tractor, the thermometer is set in a kitchen sink drain, top of smoke stack is a hub cap, the handel on door is a shovel handel, the brackets that hold door handel are from a car top carrier, I still would like to put some headlights on it from older tractor, we made are own shift lever, the fire box is from 1 foot Dia. wheel pipe with cast iron door bolted on has damper in door, damper in pipe from fire box to tank and a damper in smoke stack , I will put a small dashboard on it, still I will sand blast it then paint it I think wheels will be red and the rest black. anyone have any ideas. thanks for looking.

Daveyhunter
    [​IMG]

2. daveyhunter

daveyhunter Fire Starter

We had tons of fun :idea: Hmmmmmmmmmmm let me see keg-erator you think like we do

Davey

3. The dash board would be a cool place for your digital thermometers just like gauges..awsome job

4. tommy c

tommy c Meat Mopper OTBS Member

EXCELLENT! 8)

5. cajun_1

cajun_1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

What a neat setup....... Excellent Job...Would like to see pic's of finished smoker..

6. buzzard

buzzard Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

lookes like it was set up to be pulled behind a 4 wheeler or something. when people are looking at you it would be cool if you had an old style horn to honk at them with.

and a dancing pole for the ladies on top?

7. zardnok

zardnok Meat Mopper OTBS Member

AaaOOOGAAaaaaa

8. daveyhunter

daveyhunter Fire Starter

:idea: that is a great idea I will do that Thanks
    Davey

9. daveyhunter

daveyhunter Fire Starter

:idea: That is a great idea I will do it Thanks

davey

10. daveyhunter

daveyhunter Fire Starter

I will do that it will be a little while Thanks

davey

11. daveyhunter

daveyhunter Fire Starter

:idea: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm let me see

Davey

12. cheech

cheech Master of the Pit OTBS Member

you are my new hero. That is way too cool

13. daveyhunter

daveyhunter Fire Starter

thanks now I have to figure out what color to paint it red wheels black tank or yellow wheels green tank or what ever

Davey

14. buzzard

buzzard Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

yea either kabota orange or john deer colors. or if your a nascar fan like your favorite driver.

15. daveyhunter

daveyhunter Fire Starter

:? What a big decission either idea is good thanks for the response you guys are all great.

Davey

16. Ya gotta give it a flame job! :lol:

17. cheech

cheech Master of the Pit OTBS Member

davey I would aim for a black body that way when you use it the smoker will still look great because of the coloring the smoke will leave behind.

Just my 2 cents

18. daveyhunter

daveyhunter Fire Starter

Here is the picture you wanted to see when finished, was alot of fun thanks to everyone who responded

Daveyhunter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. salbaje gato

salbaje gato Meat Mopper OTBS Member

wow truly awsome rig. almost to nice too use. looks like you had a lot of fun designing and building it.. love the paintjob. im looking for some hightemp silver pait for my new smoker. any suggestions would be appreciated/ wildcat

20. salbaje gato

salbaje gato Meat Mopper OTBS Member

after looking a your rig again, ive changed my mind, it is too nice to use. hope you have a backup smoker so you can keep that nice finished look.wildcat