Buffalo ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pimpzilla

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Sioux City, IA
Picked some up today for tomorrow's smoke. Anybody have any experience with them? I assume they're fairly lean? Help!

(Not sure this is the right place for this post, but I didn't want it to go unseen in the wild game forum!)

Yikes! No. Never even seen them sold before. If it's like the rest of the animal it'll likely be pretty lean. I'd think you'd be able to tell if there's much fat running through the meat just by looking at them.

I guess to be safe, I'd consider a little more time in the foil with some AJ. Let them baste in that for a couple of hours.

I like buffalo, hopefully these turn out for ya.

Got any pictures you can put up?

I was kind of thinking the same thing....hit them with smoke for an hour or so, then into the foil for some braising. I'll snap some pics after work....they were frozen solid when I picked them up at lunch. We have a little meat shop here in town that has different meats from farmers located in the area. It's a little more expensive, but worth it!

As far as a rub....I was thinking more salty than sweet. Thoughts?

Since it's closer to beef than pork, I'd say yes on that one. Maybe even some beef stock instead of apple juice in the foil.

Might want to PM cowgirl on this one.

I have had Buffalo burgers but never ribs. I am with Dude. maybe a little more time in the foil with some beef stock. I think I would stay with the spicey rub instead of the sweet pork type rub. But that is just my thought.

Buffalo ribs were an epic fail. Smoked them for about an hour and a half, then put them in foil with some french onion soup. I would have been better off cooking a leather wallet.....toughest crap I've ever seen. I'll put some pics up later tonight.

Man , I love your sense of humor, I'm still chuckling about the wallet, Hey at least you give it a try,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky