Buckeye Smoker/Griller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hg smokehaus

Original poster
May 7, 2013
Grand Lake St Marys
First of all the SMF is a great place to learn and share all kinds of interesting things from smokers to just plain awesome recipes. I have read many posts and tried many of the recipes here and there but I keep coming back here to SMF for the best of what the hobby has to offer. Plus, I like to eat so it fits me well.

My first experiences with cooking was nearly 40 years ago cooking on open fires in the woods while my family cut wood in the winter for heat in our house. Well it stuck and I still find tasting the fruits of the cook exciting. I own several modern smokers / grills and just a plain ole fire pit in the back yard with a tri-pod. I work for a distributing company that distributes the Holland Grill, Grill Dome, and of course our own design The HG Smokehaus, so I am very familiar with out door cooking on these devices and use one or the other almost daily.

My family and I have lived in the Grand Lake area for almost twenty years now and enjoy the country and the people out here.

I purchased the Rub and Sauce recipe better than a year ago and find them both very enjoyable, as a matter of fact I have done a few cooks using it and get major complements for it, along with requests, so I send them to SMF to get there own like myself.

My goals signing up here are to learn and share, so I would like to share now since I have learned how to put together a great rub.

Maple Bacon Asparagus,

Here's what you need:

Package of sliced Maple Bacon, ( must be Maple Flavor)

hand full of fresh asparagus

Jeff's Rub

Wash  Asparagus thoroughly

spiral wrap 1 slice bacon around each asparagus sprig, the full length with a little overlapmaking sure to cover the top (It will stick)

sprinkle Jeff's Rub on the bacon to your taste. (Rub will stick to the bacon without help)

Grill, smoke or open fire cook the bacon to a almost crispy state.

Ive used all cooking methods except a pan and it is easy on the grill, smoker or fire pit on a grid.

serve hot.

I hope you enjoy this as much as my family and I do. Its simple, quick and most of all easy..

Oh and mostly, please share the recipe...

Last edited:
HG- Glad that you've joined the SMF. I'm going to have to put your Maple Bacon Asparagus on my To-Do list.

Looking forward to your contributions to SMF.

Enjoy the Smoke.

welcome1.gif
to SMF!  We are so glad you joined us! Would you mind updating your profile to show the other SMF members where you are located?  You just might meet some neighbors!

Also your company might consider doing some advertising here on SMF!  http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/advertise

If you didn't read the "Terms of Service" notes.....please do.  There are a few things that everyone should know about those pesky little rules before plunging into the forums. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/terms-of-service

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

Kat

:welcome1: to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 45,000 members who just love to share their experience and over 900,000 posts describing it!
The search bar at the top can be your best friend when you are trying to find answers to your questions but you can still ask too if you want!

Welcome to the forums!  Glad you joined us.  You've found a great place to learn and share ideas on our favorite pastime...Smoking and Grilling great food!  Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who really enjoy helping one another.  It looks like you're already a seasoned veteran, so I'll look forward to learning from your experience.  I like the bacon wrapped asparagus idea, I'll be giving that one a try...Thanks for sharing it!  Just ask when you need help and you'll get plenty.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky