Buck Board Bacon aka BBB, Back Bacon, Butt Bacon. Whatever you call it, it's Good !!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
After seeing several post about BBB, and me being out for a while I decided to make some.
Pork Butts were on several weeks ago for $.98 lb. So I picked up a few. The first one went for Sausage "Which I posted" the second went for pulled pork "I did not Post" and the thirs one I halved, part went for Pork Roast the rest for my BBB.
John, (Bearcarver) along with a few others got me into curing and sausage making) Thank you. Here is a link to Bearcarvers Step by Step on Buckboard
Bacon
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/“bbbb”—bear’s-buckboard-bacon-pic-heavy.281107/
Here are some Pics Of mine
IMG_0874.jpg
IMG_0875.jpg
IMG_0876.jpg
IMG_0877.jpg
IMG_0878.jpg
IMG_0879.jpg
IMG_0880.jpg
IMG_0881.jpg
IMG_0882.jpg
IMG_0883.jpg
IMG_0884.jpg
IMG_0886.jpg
IMG_0885.jpg

I had 8 Vac Seal Bags with 12 slices in each one. The sample I did
OMG this stuff is good. I saved out some for supper, and I need to go pick some Turnips and greens for supper (That will go good with the BBB

Gary

Last edited:
You my friend are definitely a master of the pit controlling the temp like that.
Glad to see you making some post. I hope ya sent a package up to me with your son LOL

Looks tasty, I never heard of bbb ùntil I joined smf, now it's the only type of bacon I make.

That sir, looks beautiful! Enjoy it while it lasts! It seems to just vaporize into thin air in short order. Big like!

Looks real good Gary. I do have Bear's step by step and plan on that soon.

Looks like you have a variety of smoker choices

Looks great, Gary!
I was going to use Bears recipe, but decided to try an Old Fashioned method of pure Salt and Brown Sugar cure.
Boy howdy, it came out tasty! A bit salty for me, but I'm sensitive to salt since being on my low sodium diet for the past 8 years. I can taste it a lot better.
I have all the fixens to build a new pot of Dutch's Wicked Beans, and now, Home Made BACON to add. :rolleyes:
We both like the taste of this first Home made bacon, so I'm cooling it to stiffen it up and going to slice it up.
I Apple Wood sm00ked mine with Applewood pellets made into dust. Good Stuff, Maynard!

Reactions: daricksta
Wow, Gary, just amazing. I also never heard of BBB till just now. My own plan for next year is to buy some pork belly from Costco and smoke and slice my own bacon.

I to Love to do Pork Belly Bacon Just can't find bellies at a decent price around here

And Thanks Guys

Gary

Thing of beauty right there. Excellent Job!!!

Point for sure.
Chris

That's just Freaking Beautiful, Gary!!
Nice Job!!
Reminds me --- I gotta get some BBB out of my freezer!!
Like.

Bear

Thanks Guys Much Appreciated

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky