Bruce finally got a Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bamofnh

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 4, 2013
Chester, Nh
I'm in Chester, New Hampshire and I have always wanted to get into Smoking Foods.  Well one of the Members (Luv2Q's) on here posted yesterday that Tractor Supply was having their winter clearance sale.  It was on the Masterbuilt 30" Glass front electric smoker which is the one I was reading about on the forum as a guest.  The price was 50% off, so I wasted no time and ran out and bought it.  Thank you Member. (I'll post your name after I look it up again) 
thumb1.gif
  Well all I've been able to do so far is put it together. ha ha ha  They didn't have any bags of chips to buy, but on my way home from work today I stopped at the Apple Orchard in town and found an old broken limb, so I took it home.  I'll make chips out of it before this weekend.  (Bark on/Bark off???) 
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
  I hope to season it tomorrow after work.  The manual says to run it full temp for 3 hours and then add wood chips and run it for one more hour.  Does that sound about right?  OK enough for now.   Thanks for the wonderful forum.
241.png

Last edited:
Hello BamofNH and welcome to the fun.  Many good folk here with a load of experience that they are more than willing to share.  If you have specific questions just start a thread and someone with experience will be along soon to offer advice.  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have.  Spend some time doing some research on the forums, tons of advice and recipes already available there.  Bark off.  Wipe the inside down with veggie oils before you do the season smoke.  I would do the season without adding meat.  We look forward to your contributions.  Have fun.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Welcome to SMF and congrats on the new MES it sounds like you got a heck of a deal on it to boot

Welcome aboard!  This is the best place I know for sharing ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc.  There are plenty of friendly, knowledgeable folks who really enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input here, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything   ......... 
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Well thanks for the welcome.  My house is on what use to be a Sugar Bush.  I have lots of Sugar Maple trees on my property.  The local Sugar house taps my trees late every March.  What I'm getting to is I have Quardzillions of leaves to clean up every year.  So this is my forth day of plowing and backpack blowing them towards the woods.  Yes, I plow my leaves first prior to using the Backpack Blower.  So I haven't had time yet to Season my new MES 30.  I hope to do that tomorrow while trying to finish the leaves.  I should be done tomorrow.  Yea.
roflmao.gif
Hoping to use it this weekend.   This site looks like it has everything you can image on this great hobby and more.  This is going to be fun.  Thank you

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky