Browning propane smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hmm...way different than I expected to see...thought it was a Browning Smoke Vault 18". Looks like a good buy for a double-door cabinet smoker, though. Is there anything in particular you'd like to know about it? Might not be a real popular smoker, so finding someone who has it might be a challenge, but we can sure help you work out any minor issues with it.

Eric

Looks like the masterforge, GOSM, etc.. and other double door gas smokers, but with more embellishments on the exterior. Sure it will smoke great. I'd test and see how low you can get the thing to hold at. I'd also fill the water pan with sand, foil it. Get an AMNTS tube smoker from Todd at A-MAZE-N. I see that you have an oven temp gauge, how did it stock therm in the door compare?

as on most door thermometers this one is also off.  It was reading 30 deg high. when the door thermometer read 250 the oven thermometer showed 220.

You can calibrate that door therm by turning the hex collar on the stem....usually a 7/16" wrench will fit them...unless it's some obscure gauge with a flat-back and no stem...then you need to make a note how far off it is and you can add/subtract from the reading to get your actual temp. Looks like a good sized cabinet smoker...full packer briskets, full slabs of pork ribs, and 7-bone whole beef ribs will easily fit.

Eric

I was just given this exact smoker by a friend who didn’t need it. Does anyone know where I can find any info about it at?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky