Brown Sugar Whiskey and Chipotle Smoked Spam

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
After smoking bologna not long ago, someone suggested I try spam.
I'm not a big spam fan, but liked the way this turned out.

I used one regular Spam and one bacon flavored Spam.

I scored the regular one and partially sliced the bacon one....
Then put them in my drum cooker at 300 degrees with some hickory.

I mixed brown sugar and cayenne pepper for the bacon spam and minced some chipotle peppers in adobo for the regular spam...

After smoking for an hour I brushed the regular spam with the adobo sauce and placed minced chipotles in the slits..

Sprinkled the bacon spam with cayenne brown sugar and spritzed with Crown Royal whiskey....

Then smoked for another 15 or so minutes.

The cayenne/brown sugar/ Crown/ bacon flavored spam had a nice crisp coating but was tender and moist inside...

The chipotle/ adobo spam was nice and moist inside too...

They were both kind of tasty and I plan on making them again.
Thanks for checking out my Spam smoke. :)

Dang Jeanie, you can even make Spam sound and look good! Never would have thought I'd be pickin up some spam again, but that looks great!

Thanks Gene.
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

I'm not a spam fan but plan on doing these again. They turned out pretty tasty!

Jeanie,
Hey ya got some nice looking spam there. I'm gonna have to smoke it instead of grilling, but how do you know what temp to cook to? Do we really know what kind of meat Spam is?

I've grilled Spam kabobs before but never tried smoking it. Looks pretty good and I'm not a real fan either. Maybe a combination of the 2 would work well, skewer up some kabobs and smoke with some glaze on them.

LOL smoked spam who wuda figured
icon_lol.gif

The only way I eat spam is fried and that's maybe once every other year. Seeing this Jeanie you got my wheels turning. Love the chipotle idea! Thanks for out the of the box smoke
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
points.gif

Looks good, Jeanie! I like smoked Spam and do it quite frequently. Thanks for the pics.

I buy SPAM about once a year just to remind myself of how much I don't really like it. But somehow you've turned it into something that looks suitable for a fancy dinner party.

Nice smoke.

MMMM....Blooming Spam, man that looks good, one spritz of crown for spam two spritzes for me.....very nice Jeanie..

Lvrgsp...

Hey Jeanie, great looking Spam you made. I've been smoking Spam for a couple years now and the kids love it as much as they do fatties. No leftovers when they are here to visit.

Excellent "bloomin' onion" look you put to one of them! Thanks for posting.

Thanks folks! It was better than I had thought it would be. lol
thank you Bill and Cajun!!
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

OTT, I just go by looks. It looked done to me. lol

Fire it up, the bacon flavored spam didn't have much of a different taste from the regular spam. I tasted a bit before smoking.

Lou, I like your kabob idea...that would work great with a couple of different glazes. Thanks!
Blacklab, I hope you give it a try sometime. It was better than I had thought it would be.
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

Thank you Keith, Dude, Snickers, Lvrgsp and Rivet!
Lvrgsp... I like the way you think!
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

Crispy Spam and rice and scrambled eggs on the side. Shoyu on the rice, chili peppa water mix with ketchup....

Jeanie you need to travel to the Aloha State and show em your recipe. I bet you they'd make you an honorary something and give you the key to the city. Does that ever look good. I'm gonna try it with Orange brandy and demerara sugar instead of whiskey and brown sugar.

I have always loved fried Spam or even better fried Prem which is similar but better than Spam in my opinion.

Gave ya points.......Hah as if you need them.
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky