Brisky on the WSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Light trim seasoned with worchestshire sauce and SPOG. Off to rest in fridge. When it's going on the smoker I'll add some dehydrated onion and a little turbinado sugar. Will be cooking around 225-240 blend of pecan and cherry wood chucks for the smoke and the trusty KBB of course. I'm going to sleep well this time as I got a maverick 733 for Christmas.

10:22 pm brisket on the smoker. I tucked the flat under a little bit I should have bought the 22.5. I'll try to ufold after some shrinkage,it's cold out there after all compared to the 50ish high today.

Probed 140.5 cutting it close! Back to bed love the new 733 but it needs some longer probes. Only using one for smoker temp having to still use our kitchen therm till I dig out the spare 6ft I had SWMBO ordered in the morning.

Looking good, like the color on the bark

Gary

I'll be anxious to see it when it comes off

Gary

Smoker temp 235
Meat temp 187
Lid shut patience waning!

Okay I gave up wrapped in foil in the oven at 350* for a half hour then into a cooler with towels for about an hour drive. We decided to go see our cousins new house. Don't tell anyone but im saving the point for myself!

Well. Ate it over cheesy mashed taters with cheese and bbq on top, tasty!! Burnt ends and chili up next.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky