Briskets on the UDS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

webowabo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 25, 2010
Arlington, TX
Smoking a few briskets for an United Way event at my local bar today.. so far so good.
3 10lb briskets. .
Trying a new rub this go round.. made Bilbos dry rub..
Started the UDS about midnight and got her to 250* with ease as usual.
1230am got the briskets on..
went to sleepn woke up to a lovely smell of meat on smoke! UDS still rolling at 250.. TBS just tricklin out... Love the UDS. ..
Anyways.. got IT's between 160* and 170* on all three.. just gonna let her keep rolling.. no foil til they are ready for a cooler nap..

Just barely fit... ;)

TBS.. (please dont mind the foam in background or the cinder blocks from my pig roast... )
Opened her up for the probe.. looking good so far...

Ill get some pics when I slice. .. hope the turn out ... would hate to disappoint United Way.. ;)

Happy Saturday friends!

There was a smaller one.. its done ;) 198* IT in thickest part of flat.. toothpick probed.. LIKE BUTTA! got her wrapped and into nap mode she goes!

After looking at the packages just cause I was alittle buzzed last night. I had one 8lb and 2 10lb..
So at 250* direct heat.. my 8lb took 9.5hrs..

Last edited:
Patience is not my thing.. had to carve one up.. the 8lber was happy to come out....
This one was perfect. . Imho... crispy bark.. moist inside.. flat sliced like butter... point I chopped for sammies.. and I really didn't need to chop.. .. ill wait til 6 to chop/slice the other two. .. cant wait..

Reactions: suie
Those slices look Great!!!! And I'm getting hungry and have nothing here to eat!

Looks great Mike.

I hope to do a small flat tomorrow.

Wow.. I only cooked for them.... but I just saw a guy take two whole briskets and dump them in store bought sauce..... wtf. .... im angry!

Thanks adam..

All I have is you guys (and gals)... yall know what I put into those meat.. uds or not...

Wow.. I only cooked for them.... but I just saw a guy take two whole briskets and dump them in store bought sauce..... wtf. .... im angry!

Yea that's pretty messed up! I'm sure that brisket didn't need any sauce at all and all it did was cover up the awesome flavor you spent all day working on!!! Should have just gave him a loaf of bread to dunk in the sauce!

Yea that's pretty messed up! I'm sure that brisket didn't need any sauce at all and all it did was cover up the awesome flavor you spent all day working on!!! Should have just gave him a loaf of bread to dunk in the sauce!
what I wanted to do was show him my gun.. cause if you mess with my home, car, pets, and or meat..texas law is its my 'homestead'...messing with any of those.. thats texas way of getting shot!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky