Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

utvolfan

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 12, 2008
Knoxville TN
Hey ya'll, silly question from a newbie....my local store only has corned beef brisket.....Is this the type everybody else is smoking ? It does not look like all the que views I am seeing.....
icon5.gif

I prefer plain beef brisket... Corned beef brisket is pretty salty, though some soak em for days before smoking, changing the water to pull some saly out. hope this helps

Plain Brisket Here. We Crock Pot The Corned Beef Brisket. My Daughters Crave That Corned Beef Brisket. Good Stuff. Love Them Girls. Good Luck W/ Future Smokes.

Greetings fellow Vol fan. I smoked a corned beek brisket. I soaked it 24 hours, changing the water every 2-3 hours. When you smoke it, it turns out like pastrami. Slice it thin, and it's reuben time!

It was still a tad salty after 24 hours. Next time, I'm going 48.

Good luck on the smoke, and Go Vols!

BTW- don't let Ramar or Duke around your smoke.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I use the plain brisket, but i have also used the corn beef. If you use apple juice for the first couple of changes instead of water, that will take out alot of the salt.

The last one I did as everyone else, Soak and change every 2 to 3 hours. I was only able to do it for about 8 hrs because lack of time, then I rubbed it good with course black pepper and into the smoker.. It was great like Voldaddy said it is pastrami and man is it good.... Give it a shot, you'll luv it... GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Corned beef brisket is a brine cured brisket that when smoked yields pastrami. I think your looking for a fresh beef brisket. Maybe someone will come along with some pics.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky