Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

twistertail

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Central Ohio
When you guys do a brisket do you normally get a whole brisket or just a point or flat. All I have been able to find is a flat. I'm just wondering if all the info I'm reading on here is mostly about doing a whole brisket?

Kroger, Giant Eagle, Wal Mart check at all of them and just find the flat. It says brisket flat on it, big diamond shaped and maybe 2 inches thick.

I only smoke whole packers too. Ask your butcher, he prolly has a whole packer somewhere behind the counter. If not, just a flat will be tasty too.

Well for this one really all I want to do is a flat because I'll be doing it from work, smoking at work again!!
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif
Are there any different instructions or tips for just a flat instead of the whole brisket?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky