• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

brisket

stiffyman

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 18, 2007
need help calculating how much brisket to buy, having a graduation party between 80-100 people? thanks

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
stiffy- it depends on how you plan on serving it. If doing sandwiches with a side dish, serve it on a roll type bun and plan on about 3 -4 ounces of meat per person. If serving as slices on a plate with two side dishes-figure 4-5 ounces.

zardnok

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 21, 2006
Another thing for you to look at it is cooking times. Buying 4 large briskets will take much longer to cook than 6 small briskets. Try to keep them below 10 lb for a full packer and you should be fine. I have tried to do mass quantity of briskets for folks and picked up two packers each over 15 lb and then had troubles getting them done!!

BTW, what type of smoker are you using to cook the briskets? Do you have space for multiple briskets?

goat

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 27, 2005
I figure 1 (10 to 12 lb ) brisket to 16 people.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.