brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yuqilora

Original poster
Jan 16, 2021
I smoked a brisket yesterday and when I went to cut it was more like pulled pork than brisket any ideas on what I might have done wrong

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome to the site, you didn't do any thing wrong but without the cook details its hard to guess , if you cooked to long that's 1 reason, if you wrapped and added liquid it steamed it, watching the temps the last 10-15 degree is tough without a accurate remote therm, I don't normally wrap but wrapping works well for a lot of folks trying to get moist tender meat, all meat is different and there are a lot of variables, bet it was still great eating though,

I smoked a brisket yesterday and when I went to cut it was more like pulled pork than brisket any ideas on what I might have done wrong
What was the internal temperature when you pulled the brisket out of the smoker? The perfect final temp can vary from brisket to brisket. Once my IT gets to 195 I watch it carefully and probe for that butter feel. Usually the brisket is ready between 200-205* if internal temp goes higher the meat will shred.

Same as stated above, I start with the probing at 190, then every5 degree increase to me this is the most important to having the best brisket. When you probe it and your probe slides right in with little to no resistance pull it let it rest and enjoy. If you want pulled brisket take it to 210-215 and you will have pulled brisket. Just my 2 cents on what works for me

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky