Brisket Was Not Juicy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

randys greenegg

Original poster
Nov 11, 2016
I'm new to this forum but not new to smoking. I believe there is always more to learn so I'm going to ask....

I smoked a 10-pound brisket @ 250 degrees until it reached 196 then wrapped in foil, blankets and ice chest for 2 hours. I've smoked a few in the past and never had this issue before. The brisket tasted amazing but it wasn't juicy. When I first trimmed the raw brisket (USDA Prime) I noticed two edges that seem to have freezer burn. I purchased it from Costco and it was in the shrink-wrapped bag.... I’ve never seen this burn/dry edge before and not sure why this would be the cause. I respect any feedback and look forward to my next smoke!

Randy

May you could have got a bad brisket it happens.
But if it was dry I would think that it needed to cook a little more. I have pulled brisket from 195 - 210 and I usually check to see if it is probe tender in the thickest part of the flat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky