brisket w/ qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

duck killer 1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 22, 2009
Rolla, MO
i put a brisket on this mornin for the work Christmas party. i used the "bruce's brisket " recipe in the traeger cookbook. i love the rub they use!
1/4 cup salt
3T beef shake
2T fresh cracked black pepper
2T paprika
1T cumin
1T allspice
1/4 cup brown sugar

in the smoker

more to follow! stay tuned!

Now that sounds like a good rub to me. Your off to a good start so I will have to check back in. Keep or get smokin.

Looking good, I will be checking back to see your progress. I see you have the digital controller for your Lil Texas. I still need to get that for mine. I guess I will have to talk to Santa.

Now I didn't know you could get that size brisket off a duck.....lmao...good lookin start !

Sorry for being a bit new... but what is 'beef shake'? is it similar to beef bouillon powder? in any case i'm looking forward to an update on its progress, I'm itchin to try smoking a brisket one of these days.

Nice Looking Brisket...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

How big were the Leg Quarters on that Mallard?
icon_mrgreen.gif

ok here's the rest of the q view.....

in the smoker along with the 2 loin roasts i will post in the pork section...

here's on the cutting board...

here's the full meal deal...

also tried my hand on some ABT's on the bottom left in the white cassarole dish, they were a hit!
stffed with cream chese garlic and jimmie dean sausage and wrapped in bacon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky