Brisket w/ Kosmo's Q injection

Discussion in 'Beef' started by blackened, Nov 9, 2009.

1. blackened

blackened Meat Mopper

I was lucky enough to get a sample of Kosmo's Q beef injection. http://kosmosq.com/

This is my third brisket, and while the first two were tasty, they weren't as melt-in your-mouth tender as I would have liked.

A lot of that had to do with my inexperience with briskets, but I wanted to try something new..

This injection put me over the top. 3 lb flat, 4 hours in the smoke and 2 more in foil..

Very happy with the results..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Damn that looks good...[​IMG]

3. alx

alx Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nice flat you smoked.I tried the kosmos in june as a sample from another forum--way better then some of the other comp injections IMHO.

4. slareau

slareau Fire Starter

Solid looking smoke ring. I'm looking forward to doing a brisket soon.

5. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

That is one fine looking brisket, you definitely get some points [​IMG]

I think injecting brisket and letting it rest overnight is such a great idea, gives the injection a chance to distribute through the meat and adds a great underlying flavor.
    A great thing to try (compliments of BenjaminR) is to inject with slightly warm honey or honey mixed with a bit of water so it will flow properly, adds a wonderful natural sweet flavor.

6. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Now that is one fine looking brisket you have there. It looks really juicey and a great smoke ring so keep it up and keep the Q coming too.

7. irishteabear

irishteabear Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice job! [​IMG] Glad you're happy with the results.

8. pepeskitty

pepeskitty Smoking Fanatic

Wow, nice ring on that meat. How did you land some of that free Kosmo's?

Thanks for sharing.

9. alx

alx Master of the Pit OTBS Member

It was offered to competition teams if you posted your results.It is now available for sale at his web site...