Brisket w/ Kosmo's Q injection

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

blackened

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
Chico, Ca.
I was lucky enough to get a sample of Kosmo's Q beef injection. http://kosmosq.com/

This is my third brisket, and while the first two were tasty, they weren't as melt-in your-mouth tender as I would have liked.

A lot of that had to do with my inexperience with briskets, but I wanted to try something new..

This injection put me over the top. 3 lb flat, 4 hours in the smoke and 2 more in foil..

Very happy with the results..

brisket0045146631.jpg

brisket0065226783.jpg

Nice flat you smoked.I tried the kosmos in june as a sample from another forum--way better then some of the other comp injections IMHO.

Solid looking smoke ring. I'm looking forward to doing a brisket soon.

That is one fine looking brisket, you definitely get some points
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I think injecting brisket and letting it rest overnight is such a great idea, gives the injection a chance to distribute through the meat and adds a great underlying flavor.
A great thing to try (compliments of BenjaminR) is to inject with slightly warm honey or honey mixed with a bit of water so it will flow properly, adds a wonderful natural sweet flavor.

Now that is one fine looking brisket you have there. It looks really juicey and a great smoke ring so keep it up and keep the Q coming too.

It was offered to competition teams if you posted your results.It is now available for sale at his web site...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky