brisket temp problems???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ldrus

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 16, 2007
Westville, Indiana
doing my first attempt at a brisket today(7lb) i put it on at 7:30am and my temp gage on the smoker is reading 250 but the brisket temp(Taylor digital) says it is already 165deg this cant be right when i was figuring on cooking this until 4-5 pm what do i do???? FREAKIN OUT LOL i planned on wrapping this at 165 but this seems just way to soon

Have you checked the gage on the smoker? If not take a piece of potato and poke your digital probe through it and lay it on the grate beside you brisket to make sure you temp isn't hot. Just a thought. If you smoker gage is off you are probably pushing the brisket way to hard and may have to take it to a higher temp to finish so as to give it time to tender up. .02 worth.

Before you smoke again, be sure and test the meat probe therm for accuracy and the temp gage on the smoker too. If there is a noticable difference, right it down/or on the back of the therm.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky