Brisket smoke with q view. . .maybe?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bhille42

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Kansas City
I finally did the baffle and tuning plates mod to my chargriller SnP this weekend, so I figured I'd try it out. I did a 4 1/2 pound brisket smoked on best choice lump, apple, and hickory. Rubbed and rested in the fridge overnight. Had the meat on for about 8 1/2 hours at about 220 degrees and pulled it off at 200 degrees internal. Didn't quite have the bark I was looking for, but the slightly lower temps probably contributed to that.The mods definitely kept the temps equal from end to end, but I did have a hard time keeping my temps up (might have had something to do with the rediculous humidity and rain at times). I have a few ideas to fix that. Gonna try to post pics, but if they don't work I'll keep trying.
2c426a47_vbattach18348.jpg

36f38f26_vbattach18347.jpg

65812365_vbattach18345.jpg

8cb3a169_vbattach18346.jpg

afd2d519_vbattach18344.jpg

Hey bhille42, nice looking brisket smoke you had and it appears as if your temps were good for the entire smoke. Did you mop or spritz the brisket with anything during the smoke? That's what normally creates the bark you're looking for.

Thanks Sumo! I spritzed about every hour with apple juice/apple cider vinegar. I think my temps are the reason my bark wasn't quite up to par. They were hovering between 205 and 220.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky