brisket rub recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Type "brisket rub recipe" in your favorite search engine, find one that looks like it will fit yor tastes and give it a try. Experimenting and learning what works for you are two of the best things about cooking BBQ. Good Luck and Happy Eating
icon_smile.gif

Mild is key...you have the right idea there. Say I was doing a 5 lb. flat:

TBS Kosher salt
TBS salad grind black pepper
couple teaspoons of: garlic powder, onion powder and paprika
plus maybe a pinch or two of oregano and the same amount of cumin.

I think that's about all I'd do on short notice, really. But yeah - like mentioned by others, experiment.

If I were you I would get Jeff's rub from here. It's that good and really is worth the money. And oh yea the money goes to help this place stay here.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

If you are interested in a store bought rub, try
http://www.smokingunsbbq.com/.
They have an excellent rub. I use the hot version on my brisket. It is outstanding. Don't let the name fool you. Unless you are very heat sensitive, you will most likely find the rub to your liking.
BTW this is a very popular competition rub.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Try this rub on beef Its perfect.

Feinkostgewürzsalz
spice mix

3 Tblsp. pepper Black or White
1 Cup Kosher Salt
1 Tblsp . celerysalt
2 teas 1/2 Ginger
2 teas 1/2 Nutmeg
1 Tblsp. Paprika, sweet
1 Tblsp Paprika, hot

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky