Brisket Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cook1536

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
Southeast Missouri
I just picked up a half of beef from the butchers shop and had a brisket cut for me. I was expecting more than what I got. I got 2 pieces that weigh about 2 1/2 pounds each. They are about a foot square and about 1 1/2 inches thick. I have read several posts about smoking briskets and they seem to be alot bigger cuts, around 10-12 pounds. What is the difference? Why is my FRESH beef brisket so much smaller than the ones I have seen in the store and people have talked about on here. Is there a size limit in a KCBS sanctioned event?

Sounds like you might have only gotten the 'flat' although that still sounds a little small.

You got a section of the flat, probably ground up the rest for burger..
confused.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky