Brisket Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tpicki

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
Kalamazoo, MI
Wow! I hope this turns out OK. As some of you have noted, this went a bit fast. 7 hours to 190. Here's a pic just before the cooler. I plan to leave it in the cooler for two to three hours.
5d4165bb_vbattach18984.jpg

43bfb4a1_vbattach18983.jpg

Looks good did you check the temp with a thermometer in a couple places?

Long story...I had an external thermometer on it for most of the smoke. I put my trusty meat thermo on it in the thickest part at the end and it was a little shy of 190. I smoked it until that thermo read 190 so hopefully we got it right????

What did it weigh prior to smoking? It looks great and I'm sure it tastes wonderful too!!

Well the outside sure looks great nice bark and if the internal temp is up then congrats on a great smoke and not getting hit with the dreaded plateau it happens just not often. Looking forward to the final pics

Those really do look great! Can't wait to see the sliced pics! The term I've been using lately for someone smoking without encountering a plateau - LUCKY!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky