Brisket oops.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eman

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 3, 2009
Put a packer in the MES at around 5 am Hit a stall at 156. Here's the oops

Sitting here in my puter chair and fell asleep. Woke up and brisket is at 190 .Didn't make the foil mark.of 170. Has anyone ever cooked one w/o doing the foiling stage?

It's at 192 and not real tender . Anything i can do to salvage this ???

I guess you could foil it now Eman, but I think a lot of people do without the foil and have good results.

Let us know what ya do and how it comes out.

I have done a few without foil but I prefer foil as the ones without seem dry to me. If you slicing maybe just serve with aujus or gravy. If your gonna pull/chop it then foil now and go to 208-210 it should help some

Pulled from the smoker at 200*.

Wrapped in foil and into the chest.

This was my first time to do things differently Than the norm.

No spraying the meat No opening the smoker except to insert the probes in the butts and brisket.

Then again to remove the ribs when they were done.

Butts are still in the smoker got another hour or so to go.

Glad one of us is having a good day around the smoker 
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
Pulled from the smoker at 200*.

Wrapped in foil and into the chest.

This was my first time to do things differently Than the norm.

No spraying the meat No opening the smoker except to insert the probes in the butts and brisket.

Then again to remove the ribs when they were done.

Butts are still in the smoker got another hour or so to go.
Make sure you let us know Eman.

This one is gonna be educational.

Good luck!

Bear

icon_cool.gif

Now I was just talking to you bob and you didn't say anything about your brisket????? I would like to know how it came out too.

Came out So So i fell asleep and missed my foil point and just let it go to 200 on the rack. carved it and cut the point for burnt ends and they are back on the smoker.

My bad on the briskey . not as tender as i would like . The butts are yet to be detirmened. . the ribs were great.. I will have a post w/ view up tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about that - I rarely foil brisket until it hits 200 - then it's into the foil and into the chest for a couple of hours.

Hey ellie long time!

I did the 1.5 hr in the ice chest after i pulled off the smoker at 200. Just wasn't as tender as i would expect. .

Buts are in the chest and i'll just put them in the fridge tonight and pull tomorrow. the burnt ends will be off the smoker about 9:30  or so.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky