brisket marinade

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dribron

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
Elk River MN
Hey everyone
I am thinking of doing a brisket tomarow. I have always just dry rubbed it, and let it sat over night, but after reading about brisket marinades I am considering marinading my brisket. So I have a few questions...

** How long should I marinade the brisket?
** If I do marinade it, should I also dry rub it before smoking?
** How much acid should be in the marinade?

If anyone has the time I'd love to see a basic parts for a brisket marinade
like % acid to % oil or other liquid, ect....
Thank you all very much, Duane

I have not marinated one yet myself I usually inject them but I plan to try it on my next one. Here is a recipe that someone posted a while back that I added to my list of things to try.

1 1/2 cups red wine
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon wine vinegar
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons black pepper

I would marinate it the night before and add some rub to it before you put it on the smoker in the morning. If you try this recipe let me know how it goes as I was going to give it a go sometime soon.

We'll decided to try and marinade a brisket as a tester for my wife's b-day comming up in about a week. I am using ther following marinade.

1 cup beef stock
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup rice vin
ground pepper
5-6 slices fresh ginger, minced
1 tbl seasame seed, toasted
1/4 tsp cyanne

I plan on rubbing it with sea salt ground pepper, fresh minced ginger, fresh minced garlic, seasame seeds, toasted, and a touch of cyanne pepper..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky