brisket injection

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kanadan

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 27, 2009
menifee ca
anyone have a good brisket injection recipe. Im going to be competing in my first comp. and I still cant find an injection im happy with. Any recipes you guys like?

I really like this injection and it doesn't leave streaks in the meat.

2 Cups beef broth
1/4 cup worcestershire
1tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne

Beef broth for sure as a base, then add whatever you want. Keep it simple so you are only enhancing the meat and not overpowering it.

Reactions: scottpanfil
Beef broth is a good base for any combination you can think of. Now just let your imagination run wild and go for it but a word to the wise (an I'm not) write down so you will remember it if it turns out really good. Need I say more.....

also butcherbbq.com has a new brisket product called PRIME DUST, he brought me some last weekend and just tasting it, I can tell its going to be very good combined with his injection.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

I will be doing my second brisket this weekend and was thinking about injecting it with Reichl's recipe above.  But I am unsure if I should inject it the night before and let it sit over night in the fridge with the rub on it, or put on my rub and let it sit over night then inject it before it goes in the smoker.

Probably a silly question....but with the beef broth based injections, do you heat it all up as you're mixing it before injection or just mix it up as is and then inject? Thanks much.

I've been using beef broth and worcestershire powder with fantastic results. The sauce works if you don't have the powder. This is the perfect mix of flavor and you don't need to add any salt.

Hello.  I see no reason to inject a good brisket but just remember that if you inject that brisket the 40-140-4 rule comes into effect.  The brisket must go from 40 degrees to an IT of 140 within 4 hours for food safety.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Hello.  I see no reason to inject a good brisket but just remember that if you inject that brisket the 40-140-4 rule comes into effect.  The brisket must go from 40 degrees to an IT of 140 within 4 hours for food safety.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!
Danny

:yeahthat:
And anytime I have used an injection I made sure it was at the same temp or lower of the meat I was injecting, I wouldn't like the thought of an injection to start warming the meat up from the inside after I just stuck a needle deep inside of it, That sounds like serious trouble to me!

Thanks for helping out Dave.  I sometimes forget ALL ins and outs of food safety so I call on the moderators when I am not quite certain.  The last thing we want is for our members or friends and family to have a bad smoking experience.  We REALLY appreciate what you unsung folks do for us.  Many thanks.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Any one ever try kitchen bouquet in their broth or gravy master? And are you all partial to mesquite wood or what for smoking brisket?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky