Brisket in mes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meemeemisty

Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
Nw ga
My step son wants us to smoke a brisket. I have never tried to before and the only thing I know about them is u need to cut against the grain when you cut it(?).
Any tips or suggestions before I even buy and attempt it?

Hi, I am looking at your number of posts and I see you have only had 11 posts. You are also asking for advice. I may be wrong but you may be new to smoking meat. A beef Brisket is a pricy cut that requires a long cook. I would not recommend it if you are just starting out. Maybe a Boston butt if you want a long cook or a rack of ribs. They are forgiving and very tasty. Also sign up for Jeff's free cooking class it comes in 5 emails. Also check out his rib recipes.
there are a lot of rubs out there. Here is a link to easy basic rubs you can make in just minutes. The link is to Aron franklin from Franklins BBQ, a pit master in Texas. The second is how he cooks his brisket. People line up for hours just to get in his restaurant.

I hope it helps. Jted

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky