• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Brisket In A Pan

smokin for life

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 21, 2007
Well I just got done my little smoking session.I tried putting the brisket in a pan untill it hit about 140,Then I put it right on the grates (?) untill it hit 160. foiled it untill it reached 190. Wraped it in a towel for a couple of hours. It wasn't as juicey as the rest of the ones that I've done. It didn't get much of a bark. It tasted good but I miss the bark. The chicken turned out great, the fatty looks yummie. I haven't had a chance yet to try the bacon, but it sure looks good. I asked my brother over tomorrow but He said he didn't think he could make it. Something about drug testing at work. Maybe I shouldn't of told him I just rolled and smoked a big ole fatty, and there was plenty left. Thus no camera or pic's. I think I better send him another E-mail to clear this up.

squeezy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
Gee! ... without pix ... it's like it didn't happen!

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
That was bad!

Michael - try throwing it on the grate first to seal it the the pan maybe that'll help. I start it hotter at first (about 250) then drop the temps to around 230.

squeezy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
That's pun-tastic! Hope Smokin for life doesn't mind a little gentle ribbing.
We all look forward to pigtures of our BBQs ......

watery eyes

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2007
Hey...no pics - you get pokes.

That pun was bad....but I had to do it....

squeezy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
That's a great question ... and deserves a great answer!
Sorry! ... I don't have one!

kickassbbq

Joined Dec 16, 2005
Try cranking the heat on the smoker the last hour. Get it up to about 375 and you will get that bark!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.