Brisket In A Pan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin for life

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 21, 2007
Phila.
Well I just got done my little smoking session.I tried putting the brisket in a pan untill it hit about 140,Then I put it right on the grates (?) untill it hit 160. foiled it untill it reached 190. Wraped it in a towel for a couple of hours. It wasn't as juicey as the rest of the ones that I've done. It didn't get much of a bark. It tasted good but I miss the bark. The chicken turned out great, the fatty looks yummie. I haven't had a chance yet to try the bacon, but it sure looks good. I asked my brother over tomorrow but He said he didn't think he could make it. Something about drug testing at work. Maybe I shouldn't of told him I just rolled and smoked a big ole fatty, and there was plenty left. Thus no camera or pic's. I think I better send him another E-mail to clear this up.
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif

That was bad!
icon_lol.gif

Michael - try throwing it on the grate first to seal it the the pan maybe that'll help. I start it hotter at first (about 250) then drop the temps to around 230.

Try cranking the heat on the smoker the last hour. Get it up to about 375 and you will get that bark!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky