Brisket help needed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

evandostert

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 19, 2008
vegas
I just got 2 6.5ish lb briskets the flat pack type. This is my 1st attempt and will be tossing them in the mes along with 2 butts and 2 chickens. I don't know how the abt's are gonna fit in?? Maybe slide the chicken way back on the rack and put them in front. I need help with the timing. Planning backwards for a party. How long average cook time. Should I foil at 160 or 170. I am planning on taking it to 190 for a nice tender slice. Need help in the timing. I need an average time for 6.5lb brisket????

And remember , chicken goes underneath the other stuff , or at least where it can't drip on anything else
wink.gif

I am thinking 250 was a good temp. Chicken on the bottom rack butts next rack up brisket over that hoping the butts are not too high so i can fit 4th rack.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky