Brisket, Great Deal, Sandwiches Tomorrow!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

duanes

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 27, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Recently moved to Raleigh area, so no surprise that I can get great pork cuts from butcher.  But briskets are mostly small flats.  Yesterday the Mrs. and I stop at Wally-mart (I don't normally shop there for groceries) and was shocked to see 4 packers cut briskets!  Then my eye popped out at a 10 lb one close to sale date for $2.02 lb.  No surprise, it just went on the smoker.  Looking forward to some great sandwiches tomorrow.  And a long smoke overnight with my Traeger makes it easy.

Happy smokin'...

80c9c51b_Brisket_10lb.jpg
18673b57_Great_Deal.jpg
85f72b28_On_the_Smoker.jpg

Well, it was done earlier than I expected.  It was nice and juicy and delicious!  I have so much left over, I put care package together and took it over to my neighbor which made me think:

"The best neighbors smoke"

Nice smoke ring and bark.

cbe08778_Nice_Smoke_Ring.jpg

In case it isn't clear in the pic, I like a lotta slaw on my sandwich!

931f7648_Slaw_Piled_High.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky