Brisket & Butt with bonus

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pigcicles

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 25, 2006
Home
I decided that since my screwed up schedule has me off the next two nights and I'm coming off the night shift I might as well smoke something. Well a few somethings. The weather is cooled down and it's gonna be a great night to sit and reflect.

I've got an 11 lb packer brisket, 6.5 lbs of pork picnic, two Jimmy Dean sage fatty's, a can of Hot N Spicy SPAM.. and just for fun a can of vienna sausages.

The wife has the camera so no pics yet. Hopefully she didn't leave it at work.

The smoke started at just after 4 P.M. this evening and it goes til the last ones done. I'll post more later and hopefully have some pics to throw in.

Anyone else kickin in the sand box tonight???

its a school nite pigs.............heeheheh

pulling a all niter huh.............well.......good luck..............

hope it don't get as cold there as it going to get here tonite

d8de

If the camera's at work, ya better be makin a road trip, lookin forward to seeing this smoke!!
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

Sound's like the only thing missing is a lil sip to keep ya warm
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I like to take them tough chunks all the way to 170 then wrap em and put em back in to 205... hard as heck to pull and it takes a bunch of em to make a good sammie
icon_mrgreen.gif

Brisket is holding at 160 and the pork is up to 155. Fatty's are out, Hot N Spicy SPAM is out... viennas... who cares.. really that was one of the boys idea they went in for a bit and back out, now they're gone.

Wife won't be home for a little while and probably will hold off on the pics now til the end. Everyone has seen foil by now.

More later... on the SMF network

Hot N Spicy SPAM? Boy spams come a long way since i had it last!

Are you slicing or pulling that brisket? I can't decide if I like beef or pork pulled best.

Hot N Spicy ain't too bad. If you don't like the texture of SPAM then you won't like it, but I like the flavor of this one.

I'm gonna slice the brisket and pull the pork (here goes the comments
cool.gif
)

Update: Brisket is almost to 190º already - I'm not happy about that. I'll see how it feels when it gets there. The butts are at 176º and climbing slowly. Not much of a stall on the beef or pork. I know my grate temp has been between 223º and 277º and no major spikes in temp. So hopefully I just get lucky this time.... yeah right.
icon_frown.gif
We'll see.

TBC...

The brisket is done and sliced. The point came out very tender and had the nice feel that it should have. The flat is more dry and less tender. Still tender, but not fork tender. It still felt too stiff to pull out, but I didn't listen to what I know. The overall cook time was right at 8 hrs with temp in the flat at 195.

The pignic is done and resting a bit. Temp at 200º. They feel nice. I'll report back on those when they get pulled. Overall cook time was 1.3 hrs per pound or 8 hrs 20 min. These did not stall very much at all... one of those 'wonder why' things.

More later..

Finished up with the pulled pork. I think if maybe I blinked too hard they would have fallen apart. Very tender and juicey. Everything is done now except the eating. I can imagine supper will be pretty good.

I still don't have the camera but will try to get some pics before anything happens to the vittles.

Thanks for watching. Hope to have pics soon. Feel free to post any comments or quizzes.

Keep Smokin

Very disapointed.........good story but no pic's ??
icon_eek.gif

I hope you are going to make this up to us with an update here later on.
Better yet, you could give me the leftover's to prove your story!
rolleyes.gif

18 year old.................................
Yeah, it was a long time ago, but I can remember. The only way to tell if it is done to perfection.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
icon_cool.gif

Sorry.. I haven't been to town yet to get the camera... or maybe I didn't really smoke anything, maybe I just went to Subway and had a veggie combo
icon_twisted.gif
.. ughhhhh

Hang tight I'll make a run here in a bit to fetch it back home.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky