brisket, brisket w/ view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Excellent lookin grub man!! WOW, hope mine turns out just like er.
wink.gif

Thanks AudioXtremes. Yes we pull for sandwiches, use it to make gravey, use it in spaghetti sauce, use it to make chili for hot dogs....multi useful. Thanks Richtee...good to see you again also.

Hillbilly can I ask a stupid question? Can you explain the difference in a point and a flat? I would like to do a brisket, do you have to do any special things to them or do ya treat them like a butt? I saw some in the local grocery the other day but I think they just called them a brisket not a brisket point/flat. Thanks..

Hi Jim, First of all there are no stupid questions. I will be glad to help all I can. You can private message me if this doesn't answer your questions. This link has a great explanation of brisket and its parts.

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/brisketselect.html

I treat it as follows:

Rub with yellow mustard and dry rub the night before. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.

The next day I smoke at 210 degrees. I use 4 hours of hickory smoke. I do the points and flats separately. I take the flats to 195 internal temp. and ftc for several hours before slicing. I take the flats to 200 internal temp. and ftc for a few hours before pulling it into pulled beef.

Don't expect this to be a fast process. Just be patient and wait for your rewards as it will take several hours.

Every smoker will have his or her special method for brisket and you will hear many variations from different folks. This is my preferred method but don't be afraid to draw from the knowledge of others.

Hope this helps.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky