Brisket and more

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ron50

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 14, 2007
FL
Wasn't sure if this should be under beef or pork but since I hardly ever cook beef I figured I'd put it here.

It's been a long night here so I hope I didn't have a post earlier and then just forgot, lol.

I have a 9lb brisket with Jeff's rub sitting in the beautiful smell of hickory and pecan and it is on a plateau at 150 and I have 2 8lb butts that also have plateau at 162. What's the odds, 3 pieces of meat all hit the plateau at the same time, hey I should play those temperature numbers in the lottery.

Geoff:

That would be a good trick wouldn't it? I'm past the plateau, butts are foiled and up to 175 degrees, brisket is now 162 and slowly moving, very slowly lol.

Hoping 3 more hours in the smoker will do it but we will see. As they say, it will be ready when it's done!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky