Brisket and burnt ends.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jamesb

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 31, 2005
Irving, TX
Fired up the WSM this weekend and tossed on a brisket... Splashed some Tabasco Spicey Worcestershire sauce, coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper...

Came out black, but pretty good eats...

Separated the point, cubed it up and put it in a pan. Coated with some spicey rub, and a few red pepper flakes and then tossed in bit of SuckleBusters BBQ Sauce. Put the ends back on the WSM for a few more hours in the pecan smoke.

Here's the results.

Spicey, smokey and just the right amount of chew!

That looks VERY nice
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Nice lookin grub there.

great looking brisky there. and dang do the ends look good!!! sucklebusters eh??? nice brisket smoke
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

You guys crack me up...OH Snap!

James,
Burnt ends are one of my all time favorites, and those look amazing. Man, you got some points coming for that!
points.gif

Thanks for the compliments!

The brisket cooked overnight, about 10 hrs total at 235° in the WSM. Put it on at midnight and took it off right after 10am. Honestly don't know the final internal temp. I had figured that it might take about 10hrs, so I went to check it at that time and when I did the temp probe went into and pulled out of the flat with no resistance (got lucky?), so I wrapped it at that time. Rested for about 2 hrs. Separated the point, cubed it up as described and put it back on the WSM at about 250° for another 3 hrs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky