Brinkman SnP/Turkey cooker burner Mod

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrh

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 24, 2006
Iowa
I have a extra propane turkey cooker burner, so I thought I would try it in the Brinkman smoking pit. I just bolted it to a piece of strap iron and poked it thru the vent on the firebox. It would get the temp up to 280 in around 15 minutes or so. Anybody tried this before? I need to get something to put wood chips above for smoke yet, and was wondering if anybody did do this how it worked for them.

Mark

i did the same thing with my chargriller snp,i had an old grate that i wasnt using it sit's right above the burner took a big juice can put some wood in it aimed it towards the cook chamber covered the open end with foil with a small hole poked in it and it works great!! when the wood stops smoking i replace with another can i already have fixed.up side also is when it stops smoking and you empty the can there's some lump charcoal in there!!! so i've saved that and gonna try it on my next charcoal smoke.

So when you use the juice can, do you just fill it with chunks of wood? Sounds interesting! I haven't tried this set up yet, Maybe this weekend I have a butt in the freezer to try.

yea you can do that or i have some pieces i cut that just fit in the can both width and length 1 piece fills the can cover with foil and poke a small hole in the foil works real good.

One thing you wanna watch is the burner blowing out. If it blows out and fills the smokebox with propane and a spark happens, boom!!

If you can keep the burner protected then you got nothing else to worry about. Another thing you can use for a tinderbox is a small roasting pan. I had one laying around and used it. Holds a lot more wood chunks than a juice can and I damp it down using the lid.

Thanks for the advise guys! I did 3 chickens on Friday, and 6 lbs of baby backs yesterday. Both turned out good, and the ribs really were awesome!! The propane mode works real nice, I was able to go out in the field and mow trees all day. Just had to pop in and check things once in a while.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky