• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe (Is it worth it)

redfish10

Joined Jul 16, 2010
Found a Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe for sale in my local news paper. The seller stated that he paid $900 for it 6 years ago. Are these pits any good, what guage steel and do they hold heat well. Seller is asking $150 for it. Is it worth it and was the original cost of this smoker $900.00. Any input greatly appreciated.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
I may be wrong but I don't know if that model was ever that expensive.

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 28, 2005
If I remember correctly AND that is truly a Brinkmann Pitmaster Deluxe.. that smoker has always been around 2 something and maybe a little lower than that even.

Amazon now has it for $239.99

It will also need modifications to even out the heat and make it free of frustration. Otherwise, you will find that you can only use the half of the grate that is furthest from the firebox so you don't burn things up.

Personally, I think that is a bit much for a 6 year old Brinkmann.

badlands1

Joined Jun 1, 2014
I just paid $50 for a 5 yr old model. Felt I got a god deal. Came with 3 big bags of hickory chunks.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks