Brined...got salt?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

b.lowry

Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
Valrico, fl
New guy here.

I just brined a Brisket overnight and cooked it up. To say it was a bit salty would be an understatement. Hereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s the basic recipe:

1 gal H2O
1 cup Kosher Salt (non- iodized)
½ cup Brown sugar
Spices – garlic, Bay leaves, pepper…

I understand the osmosis part of the brining process and the “fact†that the salt water is the first to leach out of the meat. Granted we donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t use much salt on anything we cook, but; this pretty much sucked. I also thoroughly washed off the Brisket after the brining. The smoking was long and slow. What did I do wrong?

Thanks

Britt

I'm not sure doesn't sound like you brined to long and you rinsed it well. I'm sure someone with the answer will be along

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky