Brined 13-15 Monster Shrimp w/q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chisoxjim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 25, 2007
These are freshwater shrimp I got @ Restaurant Depot. @2# Bag for $13.

Brined them in a cold water, kosher salt, and sugar mix for 20 minutes. Rinsed and they are in the fridge, they will get about 20 minutes on the WSM, might toss some seasonings on them, might just put them right on. Might make up some cocktail sauce for em'.

in the brine:

out of the brine and rinsed, back in the fridge:

more pics later.

snowing hard and 33 degrees.. WSM dont care.
PDT_Armataz_01_42.gif

shrimp just went on, 30 minutes and they will be done.

I did a few of those over some mesquite coals. Even after being frozen, they were really tasty!

Boy oh boy Jim they sound and look yumo. Now I have tried I guess bracish water shrimp I think. The lake was salt on one side and fresh on the other but it was about 20 miles wide too. But I'm really awaiting on yours to see how they come out.

thanks mark, really nice, us flatlaneders, landlocked folks have got to use what we have access to.
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

pics downloading now..

the smoked shrimp turned out really good, if you havent smoked some shrimp give it a try. The brining really helps make them pop texture, and flavor wise. I didnt add any seasoning to them, and served them with some cocktail sauce I made.

These 13-15 shrimp were large, and more like mini lobster tails. Smoked them for 25 minutes @ 230.

on the WSM:

off the smoker:

went great with the smoked chicken tacos.

thanks for looking

thanks dave.

the brine really helps them hold up to smoking or grilling.

thanks alot,

made for a real nice dinner,

surf and beak I guess.
icon_smile.gif

I know...

I always think about it too late. someday Ill get on the ball.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I sure would like to try those. problem is only my oldest daughter and I enjoy em. Oh ya and the "outlaw" too, she'll eat anything. As for the wife, if the box doesnt say Fish Sticks, no thanks, HAHA
icon_smile.gif

toss on some wings, or something your wife likes, and let the folks that like shrimp dig in.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

They looked great and were nice sized.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I like to sprinkle a little oldbay on my seafood. Pair those up with some snow crab legs and Im good
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

thanks,

some old bay would have been nice. I wanted to make sure to not oversalt/season since they were brined before going on the WSM. Next time maybe a little old bay for some spice.

thanks,

one tip is to watch the brine time, they only need maybe 20 minutes, then a good rinsing.

good luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky