Brick Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jimbosix

Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
Tennessee
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
I'm wanting to build a brick smoker for my grilling area, and would like some input. Any pictures or tips would be awesome. I'm still new at smoking, and would like to get this right the first time.....

Thanks

That will give you about a month before the next winter, so you better hurry........:)

Goose ..... you're not too wrong there
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

I've been looking around for plans too and all i can find are plans to make a built in gas grill.
I have done some of my own cad drawings just to try and work out some of the problems ahead of time.
My plans have changed somewhat because the wife wants a stone outdoor fireplace and since field rock is in abundance around here that is going to be my main material. The smoker is going to be attached to it so i can either preburn in the fireplace or use charcoal. I have everything in my head how i want to do it but can't seem to get it onto paper too well. Just need to start building and will design on the fly.

Whenever this project does start i will be doing lots of pics.

This is a link WD posted. Real interesting reading on airflow patterns through a firebox. Might help out a bit on that part of the design. http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/smokehouse-firebox.htm

welcome jimbo.............You need to stop by rollcall, introduce yourself, tell us abit bout yourself.........type of smoker you have.........smoking experience, etc.

also........sign up for Jeff's FREE 5-day ecourse

once again welcome

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky