breakfast sausage today.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnb5

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 19, 2013
I spent my day making breakfast sausage. With the help of several people on SMF I think it turn out pretty good. I used pop's recipe and I made an Italian Sweet sausage. Here are the pics
GALLERY]

Those look pretty nice, I have some sheep casing ordered to do the same thing I think. Pops breakfast sausage stuffed into a link, maybe add a little maple to some even.

Looks like a good job. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks everyone. I don't have a stuffer so I use my LEM grinder. It works really good.

Those look great if your grinder works good that is great news, but wait till you get a dedicated stuffer then you will really know easy it is.

drool.gif

Yea driedstick. My intent is to get one this week or next. Thinking of getting the LEM or TSM. Does anyone have any thoughts

Those are great ones, I have the LEM 5# and love it, I hear a lot of folks here with the Grizzley or Northern tools, pretty much all the same manufacture, just different companies selling them,,,,some have plastic gears and some have metal, great discussions on both sides of the gears, I got mine as a package at a great deal with free shipping from everythingkitchens.com  Good luck also try E-bay they sometimes have some larger ones.

Good luck and let us see your new arsenal when you get it set up

Remember a full smoker is a happy smoker

beercheer.gif

If you plan on making snack sticks or stuffing in small casings I recommend one with metal gears... The plastic gears work well but putting them under stress over a long period of time will eventually make them fail...

Driedstick does your LEM have the metal gears?

Yes, mine has the metal gear, I do a lot of 19 - 22MM Snack sticks and no problems. I just did 20lbs of 22mm in the 5 lb took about 1 hr by myself. Great little machine

Shannon what are your thoughts on the stuffer you have? Did it not work well or was it to small for your needs? What part of the world are you in? Feel free to pm your price, shipping requirements and stuffer condition.

Thanks
John

Shannon what are your thoughts on the stuffer you have? Did it not work well or was it to small for your needs? What part of the world are you in? Feel free to pm your price, shipping requirements and stuffer condition.

Thanks
John
I love my TSM stuffers.  I have 2 5# TSM stuffers and a 24# TSM.  I also have a F. Dick 24# and a German made 30# not stamped with brand.  I use one of my 5# TSM stuffers for about 80% of all the sausage I make.  It is small and easily cleaned.  It is an older TSM which was made in the USA.  It does have the high density resin gears which are stronger than steel and smoother to operate.  The one draw back to this stuffer, there is no pressure release valve.  This is really only important if not filling the canister to the top. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky