Breakfast Fatty Question - Here it is w/ Qview

Discussion in 'Fatties' started by otownkyle, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Thanks for the help on the breakfast fatty. I ended up scrambling the eggs prior to rolling and they turned out perfect. Here's the Qview:

The Ingredients: Scrambled eggs, Cheese & Shrooms

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple of notes:

Since this was my first Fatty (and definitely not my last) I have a another question:

Do you throw the sausage chub in the freezer for a little while to firm it up? Mine was a little mushy and not the easiest to roll around the stuffing. I took it straight from the refrigerator.

Thanks again for the input and making something NEW a big hit at the breakfast table!!!

2. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks great. I do put mine in the freezer to let it firm up.

3. look great!!! yummo, i'm getting ready to fire up the smoker and make some myself!

4. new2que

new2que Meat Mopper

glad I can be the one to share this with you! http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/wiki/fattie-piston

it's called a fatty piston and its glorious.  I made my own last week and tried it out, it worked great.  Ours was chorizo, egg, orange pepper and cheddar.  We did it all up in a skillet the night before and packed it into the piston to sit overnight.  the sausage had also been pre-rolled the night before so we had two cold ingrediants... the thing rolled like a charm and smoked to perfection.  I'd check it out.

5. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I second the fatty piston - I did a trade with cowgirl for one of hers and I love it - I too like to put the meat in the freezer for a bit.

6. Looks Great!

I throw mine in the Freezer for a bit as well...

7. I hope you smoked it, Cause I have Wood!!!