breakfast at 10 am was worth waiting for

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
More pictures of making the 10 am breakfast

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d199/slowpoke59ds/SMOKING FOOD/

It was the best tasting breakfast meat.

I cant wait till i find some back or belly for regular bacon

Im a DJ Debbie fan now :) great recipes on your website

What did i learn????
Dont add water to the wood tray because in my smokerif you are smoking at 150 degF the water does not boil off--
Why did i do it. Wish i had an answer

That looks great scotty... worth waiting for. Great job.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Gads!!!!! Seemed like forever this morning waiting for Scotty to cook my breakfast.
icon_mrgreen.gif
But the wait was worth it. Great tasting buckboard bacon, eggs, texas toast, coffee, and orange juice. Life is good.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Happy Sunday, ya' all!

Ok i had some idea that the liquid from soaking the wood would add some smoke flavor but i did not take the cooking temperature into consideration.
I boosted the cooking temp from 200 to 225F for the last 45 minutes. Then i finally started seeing steam.
After a while, I could smell the mesquite burning and see a change in the smoke color from clear to a light bluish grey..
When the meats reached the desired temps, I shut the unit off and took the meats indoors.

While cleaning the unit i saw that about 30% or less of the wood was burning and none of it was turned to grey dust.

It was easier to say I dont know why.
I guess the el cheapo bone was in controll of my brain again.

Great looking bacon! Like the cooker too!
icon_smile.gif

Is this made with the Hi mountain buckboard cure? I need to get some of that to try!

PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
Well, I hate to admit this...but, my car is a thief
cool.gif
Seems everytime I take it anywhere, to kind of scope things out, it takes stuff. Like I'm driving home from Lowes about three month ago and had not purchased anything, and while driving I kept hearing this diln-a-ling noise? So, I stopped to check it out, and there was a verticle grill stuffed in the back???
cool.gif
And that is only the beginning
icon_exclaim.gif
My wife and are are concerned about my cars behavior and have taken it to counseling
eek.gif

I don't think it's working, given what it did today. Oh well, it has do do the time not me
icon_smile.gif
I'm sure glad it doesn't have an ATM card
icon_exclaim.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif

They say a picture tells it all, and I'm hearing a lot of OMG!

We are doing it for dinner tonight also with smashed potatoes and mixed veggies.

While we start a 6 gallon batch of welches grapejuice wine.

mmmmmmmm good

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky