brand new

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by johno, Jan 31, 2007.

1. johno

johno Smoke Blower

just thought i would or should say G,day to everyone.
    brand new member here , found the forum while looking for stuff on smoking .i have never done any but i am going to start building a smoker as soon as i get away from the computer i have the design in my head that i want to build .i am in texas queensland australia. i am on 90 acres and have been breeding and growing a few pigs for about 6 or 7 years and and i have had enough of carting them miles and miles to have them killed and cured and smoked . plus the guy that was doing them for me can no longer do it , so time to have a bsah my self . i have to sort of hurry cos i have about 5 or 6 pigs that are ready to kill now .
    see ya

2. naplesroo

naplesroo Smoke Blower

G'Day Mate and welcome to the forum. This is definately the place to learn about smoking. Great folks, lots of knowlege, etc. Be sure and take Jeff's e-course on Smoking Basics, just click on the link in the left hand column. Hey, I bet those Aussie pigs would taste great over here across the pond. :) Anyway, good learning and smokin. Be sure and share some pics of your new smoker once you get er built.

3. chris_harper

chris_harper Master of the Pit OTBS Member

hi, and welcome to SMF, the best smoking forum on the 'net. i second taking the course. i read lots of good info when i took it. we like to see pics of food here, so i hope you have a decent digital camera.

4. msmith

msmith Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard you have found the happening place. And we do love to see pictures.

5. Welcome to SMF.
    You Aussies sure like to show off the swine.

6. tonto1117

tonto1117 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Wecome to the SMF johno. :)

7. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

For criiters gettig ready to be bacon and hams they sure look happy!

8. cheech

cheech Master of the Pit OTBS Member

DeeJay I thought they looked too happy for what is going to happen soon. Or maybe they know and are happy that at least they are going to good use.

Welcome aboard

9. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

Welcome to SMF from the other side of the world johno!