Brand Comparison

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hockey griller

Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
Hi,

I currently have a Chargriller and am looking to upgrade to my first high quality smoker/grill. I grill usually once a week, preparing all my family's food(me,wife and 1st child on the way) at the same time so we do not have to cook during the week. Right now I grill mare then I smoke, but when I upgrade I will smoke more. Right now I have my eye on the good one open range, American BBQ Syatems All Star and a Meadow Creek SQ36.

I have heard that the good one's grates are welded to the the frame and that that weld will weaken over time so I am shying away from that one. The ABS only has about 250 s. inches of grilling space, so I don't think tha tis enough for me. The MEadow Creek is the front runner right now, the only draw back is it does not have stainless steel shelved on the outside of it. Actually it has no shelves on it. Anyway, does anyone have any expeirence with Meadow Creek, good or bad?

BTW I currently live in St.Louis,MO so not a lot of local options that I am aware of.

icon_cool.gif

Well first off welcome to SMF. You'll like this place cause theres alot of really good folks here that would love to help you out with just about anything to do with smoking meat. Now for your smoker/grill eeds I don't have any dealings with a Meadow Creek grill but I know someone will come around soon. I'm a gasser and I think that they are the best and the easiest smokers that there is out there. You can really turn out some pretty darn good Q with them. So get to smoking and don't forget the Q-view cause we just love that stuff. So enjoy for there's alot of really good recipes and methods that you could learn from here.

Welcome To You New Addiction.  

welcome1.gif
   Glad to have you with us!

I'm not familiar with the smoker you are asking about, but I'm sure one of the guys who is will be along soon.

I am also looking really hard at the good one open range reverse lid and the lone star. Does anyone have anything good/bad to say about these units?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky