Braised Short Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
2 racks four bones each
DSCN0165.JPG

Pulled the membrane off rubbed with S&P then seared
DSCN0170.JPG

Added 2 cans Beer and a bottle of BBQ Sauce
Cooked at 275* F for 2 hrs covered
DSCN0172.JPG

Second rack will be frozen for another meal
DSCN0171.JPG

Nice tender and juicy
DSCN0177.JPG

Plated
DSCN0179.JPG

bones came out clean
DSCN0180.JPG

Thanks for watching
Richie

That's some good looking ribs Richie!
Great looking meal!
Al
Al thanks these were the fattier of the 2 racks,suppose to warm up for the weekend.Maybe able to get the kettle fired up.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Wow!looks great.which spices do you use for it?you plated it with pepper, nuts and what is the 3rd one?you plated it so nicely. look so good. Great work. :D

The plate has green beans,baked beans,mashed potatoes w/mushroom gravy
Thanks for the nice words
Richie

Reactions: jane nair
Looks awesome!!!
Beef ribs are still on my bucket list, I just gotta get around to them. I think I can pick them up Fri & Sat at Costco, I just avoid that place during people's "off of work" hours because it is a mad house at those times hahaha.

Looks awesome!!!
Beef ribs are still on my bucket list, I just gotta get around to them. I think I can pick them up Fri & Sat at Costco, I just avoid that place during people's "off of work" hours because it is a mad house at those times hahaha.
I like them braised best I have smoked them with good results also,treat them like a brisket.I don't have a Costco card the one by me is insane as soon as they open.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

I like them braised best I have smoked them with good results also,treat them like a brisket.I don't have a Costco card the one by me is insane as soon as they open.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

I loooooove braised food. Here is a secret.
Braised Venison Shanks may be the best dish you can make from a deer... shhhhhh. Don't tell anyone! :D

Seriously I think the shank is my favorite part of the deer because of my braised venison shank dish. It is out of this world good!. I hijacked chef Giada's braised ribs recipe and applied it to the shanks with some minor tweaks and WOW, pure heaven!

I loooooove braised food. Here is a secret.
Braised Venison Shanks may be the best dish you can make from a deer... shhhhhh. Don't tell anyone! :D

Seriously I think the shank is my favorite part of the deer because of my braised venison shank dish. It is out of this world good!. I hijacked chef Giada's braised ribs recipe and applied it to the shanks with some minor tweaks and WOW, pure heaven!
They would probably make some good Osso Buco I think Giada has a recipe for Osso Buco
Richie

They would probably make some good Osso Buco I think Giada has a recipe for Osso Buco
Richie

I tried it with a recipe I looked up and it didn't turn out nearly as good as the braised recipe. Now I also didn't have a way to slice the shanks cross cut and did it with whole shanks so that is probably a lot of the reason why it didn't come out super awesome.

I can say that with the braised venison shanks you won't need to cross cut the shanks and you still get the most amazing dish!

Looks Awesome, Richie!!:)

Mighty Tasty!:)

I can't let Mrs Bear see these, or she'd be beating on me to make them without smoke.
Like.

Bear

Looks great Richie - if only I could get short ribs on a regular basis. Seems I can never find then when I want them.

Pete Thank You These were 4 in a pack so we froze them,thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Looks Awesome, Richie!!:)

Mighty Tasty!:)

I can't let Mrs Bear see these, or she'd be beating on me to make them without smoke.
Like.

Bear
Bear You could make her a nice Valentines Dinner! Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky