Bought Steam Table for First Party - BB Ribs and Pork Butt w QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indygreg

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 30, 2011
well i have tried butt, spares, bb ribs, brisket and pizza so i felt qualified to try to smoke for a group.  My son's bday party was yesterday so i did a 10lb pork butt on friday and smoked 6 slabs of ribs yesterday.  Smoked the butt for 13 hours - 3 hours on smoke (i have a traeger) then into a pan and smoked at 225 until 165 then covered with foil until 210.  saved off the juice and pulled it into foil pans which went into the fridge. 

then started the ribs at 9am for a 3PM party.  I used jeffs rub and did them 3-2-1 and for the first time tried the upright rib rack.  not sure i am sold on the vertical rack.  it is hard to load and unload especially once you foil them. 

So here is what worked really well.  We bought a Chaffing Dish set for $25 which had 3 full size trays that you load water into and heat with sterno cans.  I loaded them:
  • Pulled Pork with sweet baby rays sauce
  • Pulled Pork without sauce
  • The au jus from the butt with a spoon
  • Made from scratch cornbread
  • 2 sections of ribs cut into 3-4 bone sections
it worked really great.  we will definitely do this again. 

greg

e989d86f_IMG_1219.jpg
180216c7_IMG_1220.jpg
90b618db_IMG_1221.jpg

ee54d413_IMG_1222.jpg

00198e48_IMG_1224.jpg

Great looking Food & Qview...

How was the party?

Great looking spread. Congrats on putting out a great meal

Awesome!!

Looks delicious!!!

Thanks for the pictures...

Craig

Thanks to all.  Beer-B-Q, the party was great and we had lots left over for to go bags. 

one thing i learned is that the ribs took a little longer when packed up on the vertical rack.  i did 3-2-1 on baby backs and they were very tender but still had a little pull to them.  last time i did babybacks without the vertical rack (just 3 slabs) it didn't take as long.

greg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky