Bottom Round with Asian Fusion Meltdown Rub and Q-Vue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rivet

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 25, 2008
The "Show Me" state
Found good looking roast and decided to try my Asian Fusion Meltdown rub invention I came up with fiddling around in the kitchen on Friday.

My rub has a Caribbean/Asian twist. Lots of good things including chipotle and habanero powder. Smelled good but I was curious how it would turn out.

Here it is stalled at 150 degress internal after 5 1/2 hrs at 275 over apple wood. Continuing the Asian fusion theme, I mopped it with an evoo, soy sauce, oyster sauce and apple cider vinegar mix. Smelled right good. Thought this might turn out okay after all...

Pulled it off the smoker barely kissing 180 F after little over 7 hrs.

Sliced up as soft as silk, juicy and the smell told me this Asian Fusion Meltdown thing was working!

Topped off the mashed potatoes with the Sicilian sauce I made Friday, my wife's homemade bread, and a glass of Glen Ellen Merlot. The Asian Fusion Meltdown rub is a keeper, the mop is a must, and a pretty nice end to a beautiful Saturday afternoon!

Hey, thanks for taking the time to enjoy my food!

Looks great!
icon_smile.gif

Now that is some nice looking Q. I loved several of the ingredients you used, everything seems like it would pair real well in the final product. Habanero powder-nice! Oyster sauce in the mop-excellent idea!
And that smoke ring, you should win an award for such a nice, deep uniformed ring. If I can give points you got 'em!

You definitely earned some points with that smoke, holy mouth watering!!! Love the sound of the rub, any chance of sharing that recipe with us?

Good looking plate of food, glad you had a nice holiday weekend!

If you bought that as a bottom round roast, you got a great deal as it's actually the rump end of the gooseneck, not the bottom round! Great Score! And, great smoke too!

points.gif

Super Nice Smoke Ring, bet this was some kind of great tasting!

Thanks for sharing such a prize with us!

Don

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky