Boston butts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jokensmoken

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 7, 2016
Whitmore Lake Michigan
Hey folks, just a quick FYI...
Krogers has bone in butts and shoulders on sale for 99 cents a pound...
These look like good butts, cryovaced, no water added (Not injected) and say "all natural" on the wrapper.
I picked up 4 nice looking ones today for less than 40 bucks and am going back tomorrow and pick through them again for a few more...
These are separate from and a different brand than the ones with the other pork items in their meat section, which are/were $2,49 a pound, so you might have to look for them or ask but at 99 cents you can't hardly pass them up.
Happy smoking

Walt

Last edited:
Reactions: motolife313
Got some in the sv now Walt!

How you been? Ready for the fattie contest this fall?

Scott

Got some in the sv now Walt!

How you been? Ready for the fattie contest this fall?

Scott
Doing good Scott. Geeze, it was a long winter...lol...
Did a lot of curing this winter...really stepped up my pastrami and belly bacon game.
And yes, im certainly looking forward to the fatty contest...it is a permanent "inked in" get together for me.
Last I heard (i havent followed the group close this wintet) you were thinking about early summer. I think I heard someone mention the first weekend in June. Has that changed or did I get my brain crossed. Let me know the date soon as you figure it out;
I do a lot of fund raisers for lung transplant patients and want to keep my schedule clear.

Walt

Walt,

It was the first weekend of June but i have Hunt tests for the dogs that weekend. We looked for dates when myself, FPP, and the round table could agree on and it just couldn’t happen this summer. We made it the Saturday after Labor Day. Hopefully that will work for you as well. We tried hard to slide it in ahead of time so people could plan for it. I hope your doing well and i hope your coming out to camp again!

Scott

Walt,

It was the first weekend of June but i have Hunt tests for the dogs that weekend. We looked for dates when myself, FPP, and the round table could agree on and it just couldn’t happen this summer. We made it the Saturday after Labor Day. Hopefully that will work for you as well. We tried hard to slide it in ahead of time so people could plan for it. I hope your doing well and i hope your coming out to camp

Scott

That works good for me...my schedule is wide open after labor day. Pretty sure I'll be out the night before. Was a great time last year. C-YA then.

Walt

Scott
That week9 works good for me. My end of summer schedule is pretty open. I'll most likely be out the night before too.
C-YA then

Walt

Sounds good Walt! Be nice to get everyone back together for another chance at fattie immortality!

Scott

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky