Boston Butt Pulled Pork (Step by Step)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for the step by step process. This is a great thread for any newcomer to pulled pork and a few tips for those that have done a few to try. Great Job!!!
points.gif
Reinhard.
Thank You Sir!!!

Once I have a good Step by Step, I use it myself, again & again & again. Much easier on my old Brain!!!

Bear
Looking good Bear!  Thank you for sharing!

Kat
Thanks Kat !!

Bear
Looks great Bear....just saw butts yesterday in Safeway...2 in the pack for $1.67 a # and now see your post so I must now do a butt soon. Regards....Willie
Thanks Willie!!!

We never get good prices on Butts around here!!

Bear

Good Job as usual Bear.

I for one am glad to see you back.

you always have the best Step by step instructions'

I've used most of your instruction's in you signature and have found all of them to be spot on.

Thanks

Jerry S.
Thank You So Much!!

I love to help others, and really appreciate hearing my Step by Steps made it easy for someone.

Bear
Bear... I said it before and I'll say it again,

YOU DA MAN!!!

Thanks for sharing buddy.
Thanks Buddy!!

Bear
Just another tutorial from the Bear, and as always, a GREAT one. I agree that the [color= rgb(24, 24, 24)](1/2 row was left unburned---Separate & save unburned pellets) just put it over the top.[/color]

WOW, I think your store lied to ya with that sticker....Super Low Price....OUCH
Thanks Sound1 !!!

Yeah we never have good prices for butts around here.

Bear

Damn Bear...a couple more of them Butts and you'll have them figured out!
icon_eek.gif
 Nice work buddy...JJ
Thanks Jimmy !!!!

Don't laugh---I very seldom do Pulled Pork!

That's supposed to be one of my Son's targets!!

He's supposed to do the Pulled Pork & Chicken, and I do the rest.

He was slacking, so I had to do this one.

Bear

Bear,

Thanks for putting that up,I wish I would have read a how-to like this when I was tring to figure it out.Good Grub! 
Thanks Frosty!!!

Yeah there wasn't any truly Step by Steps when I started learning, which is one of the reasons I do them.

Bear

Thanks Frosty!!!

Yeah there wasn't any truly Step by Steps when I started learning, which is one of the reasons I do them.

Bear
THe BBQ Gods are smiling down on me right now Bear.  Kroger has Butts at $1.29 per pound this week so I just picked up 12 of them.   Additionally, whole boneless choice Ribeye roasts start at $5.99 per pound tomorrow.

For some silly reason, I foresee lots of PP and Smoked PR in my future   :)

Great job on the step by step tutorial!!

THe BBQ Gods are smiling down on me right now Bear.  Kroger has Butts at $1.29 per pound this week so I just picked up 12 of them.   Additionally, whole boneless choice Ribeye roasts start at $5.99 per pound tomorrow.

For some silly reason, I foresee lots of PP and Smoked PR in my future   :)

Great job on the step by step tutorial!!
That's Great Demos!!!

We never see butts for as low as $1.29 !!!

And $5.99 is a good price for my area too, except the week before Christmas---Always goes to $4.99.

Thanks,

Bear

I was thinking this morning about the price of butts. They were $1.15 per case Lb and I figured the price probably bottomed out and has nowhere but up to go. I went to Sam's Club to put a case for the freezer and now they are $1.06 per case Lb. The meat mgr told he didn't understand the recent pricing. He also said that at least this Sam's is selling their rib-eyes at cost as a draw to get people looking at meat again. Rib-eyes in Wausau WI are $6.89 Lb for 2 packs. My wife is going to make go back and load up on steaks.

I was thinking this morning about the price of butts. They were $1.15 per case Lb and I figured the price probably bottomed out and has nowhere but up to go. I went to Sam's Club to put a case for the freezer and now they are $1.06 per case Lb. The meat mgr told he didn't understand the recent pricing. He also said that at least this Sam's is selling their rib-eyes at cost as a draw to get people looking at meat again. Rib-eyes in Wausau WI are $6.89 Lb for 2 packs. My wife is going to make go back and load up on steaks.
Seems like we usually have better prices around here for Prime Rib & Ribeyes, but never get your low prices for butts.

Bear
Nice looking pulled pork Bear!

Great job,

Bill
Thank You, Bill !!

Bear

Very nice step by step procedure. Don't quite understand the obsession with "danger zone" temps, though. Cooking thoroughly kills all bacteria, so the danger at this point seems to be a moot point. Am I missing something? One other question....why the foil pan instead of the water pan that comes with the MES?
Thanx

Botulism is not killed by heat and thrives in the 40 to 140 degree range. I takes a little longer than 4 hours to establish itself so if you follow the 40 -140 in 4 hour rule you are in the safe zone.

Very nice step by step procedure. Don't quite understand the obsession with "danger zone" temps, though. Cooking thoroughly kills all bacteria, so the danger at this point seems to be a moot point. Am I missing something? One other question....why the foil pan instead of the water pan that comes with the MES?
Thanx
Thank You!!

And yes you are missing something----Cooking thoroughly does NOT kill all bacteria!-----If you don't pay attention to & follow "Danger Zone" rules, no matter how you cook or overcook the meat, the bacteria could still be there. I'm not going to write a book here on my Step by Step post, but do yourself a favor & search "Danger Zone" and read a few threads.

That foil pan is being used to catch drippings, and later the Butt was put in it with juices, and wrapped in foil for the final smoking step.

My Water pan is always empty, and covered in foil to make it easier to clean.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky